6 Reasons to come to Camp during the School Holidays
Have you ever been to a School Holiday camp?
If so then you would know about the benefits of attending a camp during the school holidays. The experience has profound positive effects on people that can stay with you into adulthood. If you didn’t have the opportunity to experience a school holiday camp then here is a few thing that may help you to see the benefits and the effect holiday camp can have.
Here are 6 reasons why you should get to Holiday Camp!
- Camp is physically active – As children spend so much time these days inside and mostly sitting down, camp provides a great opportunity to get outside and enjoy the outdoors. Check out our programmed activities.
- Become more confident – Camp helps children build self-confidence and self-esteem by removing the kind of academic, athletic and social competition that shapes their lives at school. With its non-competitive activities and diverse opportunities to succeed, camp life is a real boost for young people. There’s accomplishment every day.
- Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and maybe a little frightening) things, and see that the improvement comes when you give something another try.
- Unplug from technology – When kids take a break from TV, phones, and the internet, they rediscover their creative powers and engage the real world – real people, real activities, and real emotions. they realise there’s always plenty to do.
- Learn social skills – Coming to camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other. When they live in a cabin with others, kids share chores, resolve disagreements, and see firsthand the importance of sincere communication.
- Make new friends – Camp is the place where kids make their new friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easily. All the fun at camp draws everyone together – singing, laughing, talking, playing, doing almost everything together. Everyday!
What to bring for the warmer months?
- Sun Hat
- Sneakers – 2 pairs (one pair for creek walking)
- Water Bottle
- Rain coat
- Warm jumper (it often gets cool of an evening )
- Short sleeve tops ( 1 for each day and 2 spare )
- Long pants x 1
- Shorts ( 1 for each day and 2 spare )
- Swimmers (one piece for girls or shorts and rashie) Boys – board shorts and Rashie
- Change of underwear for each day
- Socks x 2
- Top sheet
- Towel x 2 – 1 for shower, 1for swimming
- Tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, hair brush
- Insect repellent
- Personal medical requirements
- Sunglasses – only if you have them
Download our packing list.
When and how much?
Our School holiday camps are catered for 8 to 14 year olds and run first week of every school holidays. The cost is $495 per person.